Public Lands Transportation Fellows
- Firm Name
- Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University Bozeman
- Firm Location
- multiple locations
- Firm Website
The Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University Bozeman would like to announce that the application process for the 2018 Public Lands Transportation Fellows program is now open. (Note that job offers will be made contingent on funding appropriations).
The Public Lands Transportation Fellow program provides fellowships to outstanding graduates in a transportation-related field to spend eleven months working directly with staff of Federal Land Management Agencies on key visitor transportation issues. To find out more about the program in general, please click here:
We are currently seeking applications for Fellows at:
– San Diego National Wildlife Refuge Complex in San Diego, California
– Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge Complex near Denver, Colorado
– Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge near Detroit, Michigan
For additional information, please review the individual position descriptions:
In addition to the $3,000 per month salary for 11 months, the Fellow will be offered:
– Relocation expenses up to $1500 total
– Rent subsidy up to $1200 per month for 10 months
– Professional Development Stipend of up to $1000
– Fellows completing their assignment and demonstrating fulfillment of requirements will be eligible for Federal Non-Competitive Eligibility Status.
The Fellows position spans from June 18, 2018 to April 19, 2019 on site and April 20 – May 17, 2019 at the location of your choice completing your final report. A mandatory orientation is tentatively scheduled for the week of June 18, 2018 in a location to be determined.
Applicants to the Fellows program must:
– Be U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens of the U.S.;
– Be 30 years of age or under by the start date; and
– Have at least a Bachelor’s degree; however, the preference is for recent or soon-to-be Master’s degree graduates.
To apply for this position(s), you must complete and submit the following documents:
– Application cover sheet
– Employment application
– Writing and graphics communication sample
– Candidate statement (more information can be found in application cover sheet)
– Letter of recommendation (more information can be found in application cover sheet)
Applications are due to Jaime Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, February 26, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact Jaime Sullivan at (774) 571-3503 or email@example.com
Applicants selected for advancement to the interview round will be notified around mid-March. It is anticipated that job offers will be made around April 1, 2018; however, the job offer is contingent on funding appropriations.
- Job Type
- Paid Y/N
- Application Due
- Contact Name
- Jaime Sullivan
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- (774) 571-3503