Atticus Jaramillo

ACSP welcomes Atticus Jaramillo as the new Student Governing Board Representative! Atticus is currently pursuing his PhD in City and Regional Planning at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His term begins this spring and he will hold the position until Spring 2022.

“I am thrilled to begin my term as the student representative on the ACSP Governing Board. I’d like to thank Dr. Noreen McDonald at UNC-Chapel Hill for writing my letter of support and thank the ACSP Governing Board for seeing promise in my application. I look forward to the opportunity to support the work of my colleagues, especially graduate students in planning across the nation,” shares Atticus.

In addition to pursuing his PhD, Atticus is a Ford Foundation Pre-doctoral fellow with the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine, and a research associate at the UNC Center for Urban and Regional Studies. His research interests include low-income housing policy, neighborhood change and disadvantage, and program/policy evaluation methods. He received his master’s in Urban & Regional Planning from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities and a B.S. from the University of Wisconsin La Crosse.

When asked about his goals as student rep, Atticus shared, “My main goals are to increase the visibility of the resources that ACSP provides to graduate schools, advocate for graduate student’s interests in governing board meetings, and to help make ACSP an safe, inclusive space for people from all walks of life. If you have input on how to work towards these goals, please feel free to reach out to me!”

ACSP is pleased to welcome Atticus to the leadership fold and looks forward to working with him in the coming years!