MCRP Program Performance
Updated Date: 1/22/2020
Consistent with the Criterion 1.F of the Planning Accreditation Board, the program is providing the following information, on program performance for the department’s Masters of City and Regional Planning program
Tuition and Fees
2019-2020 Tuition and Fees:
- In State Residents, per full-time academic year: $12,514
- Out of State Residents, per full-time academic year: $30,241
Retention and Graduation Rates
- Retention (Fall 2017-Fall 2018)
- Percentage of students who began studies in fall 2017 and continued into fall 2018: 100%
- Percentage of students graduating within 4 years, entering class of 2015: 100%
Number of degrees awarded for the 2018-2019 Academic Year: 33
Percentage of master’s graduates taking the AICP exam within 5 years who pass, graduating class of 2014: 100%
Percentage of fulltime graduates obtaining professional planning, planning-related or other positions within 12 months of graduation, graduating class of 2017: 92%
Recent graduates have been employed by: Active Living by Design, Alta Planning & Design, Aspen Institute, City of San Francisco, FEMA, Fehr & Peers, Inter-American Development Bank, NC Department of Transportation, US Department of Housing & Urban Development.
All students complete a Master’s Project in their second-year. The MP requires students to synthesize classroom learning to produce professional-quality work. Faculty evaluate the MPs of each student. For the cohort that graduated in Spring 2019, the faculty’s evaluation of student achievement around the MP is as follows:
General Planning Knowledge
- 100% demonstrated an understanding of planning theory, planning law, human settlements, the global dimensions of planning and history of planning where applicable in their Master’s Projects.
- 100% demonstrated skill in research, written oral and graphic communication and quantitative and qualitative methods where applicable in their Master’s Projects
- 100% demonstrated skill in plan creation and implementation and leadership where applicable in their Master’s Projects.
Values and Ethics
- 100% demonstrated knowledge of professional ethics, governance and participation, sustainability and environmental quality, growth and development and social justice
Ranked 5th among Graduate Planning Programs by Planetizen