Director of Real Estate Development
- Firm Name
- Codman Square NDC
- Firm Location
- Dorchester, MA
- Firm Website
Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation (CSNDC) seeks a highly motivated and experienced manager to lead our Real Estate Development Department. CSNDC is a multi-racial, community–based non-profit organization formed in 1981. Our mission is to build a stronger community in Codman Square and the South Dorchester area of Boston.
Central to our mission is the support of low- and moderate-income residents of our community. We carry out our mission by building a cohesive and resilient community and developing affordable housing and commercial spaces that are safe and sustainable, and promote economic stability for low and moderate income residents of all ages. We lead community planning efforts, resulting in new programs and activities, such as our Eco-Innovation District and our Anti-Displacement strategy. As part of our recent strategic planning process, we are focusing on two areas where exponential growth is expected: increasing our Community Outreach and Base Building and expanding our Real Estate Development pipeline. These two areas will become critical programs to the organization over the next several years.
CSNDC has a thirty plus person staff, and an operating budget of $3.2 million plus. The NDC is an affiliate of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and NeighborWorks America.
The Director of Real Estate Development has overall responsibility for supporting Real Estate Development and Asset Management at CSNDC, including supervising 3 project managers, an asset manager, plus occasional interns and fellows. They report to the Vice President of Operations.
We seek an entrepreneurial self-starter who embraces our vision and mission, and has many of the following skills and experiences:
• Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in real estate development
• Strong management and priority setting skills, including at least 3 years of experience supervising entry, mid- and senior-level staff, and managing project teams
• Experience developing large (50 unit+) and complex real estate development projects from start to finish
• Demonstrated success applying for public and private affordable housing and community development resources, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits
• Deep understanding of real estate project development, financing, construction, planning, program development and neighborhood relations
• Familiarity with permitting and zoning in Massachusetts and City of Boston
• Skill and comfort working with colleagues and community residents of various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy, including fluency in word processing and spreadsheet programs
• Knowledge of and experience in community-based organizations and non-profit management
• Bilingual/bicultural in Spanish or another language predominant in CSNDC’s service area a plus, and
• BA, with a Master’s in Planning, Real Estate, Business, or a related field preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, along with a resume to: Marcia Thornhill, Vice President of Operations, through this link: https://annlsilverman.com/codmanred/. All applications will be acknowledged when they are received. CSNDC seeks to fill this position by early 2023. For more information, see www.csndc.com.
- Job Type
- Paid Y/N
- Application Due
- Contact Name
- Ann Silverman
- Contact Email